Events throughout the RAL community
May 2021: Part-Time Student Writer Researcher Position, offered through Wordsmith Productions
We are also excited to share an exclusive remote part-time paid opportunity! Offered through Wordsmith Productions, an arts and literacy nonprofit (and RAL partner) in California, high school students located anywhere in the country are encouraged to apply for this remote student writer researcher position to aid in research for a literary nonfiction book. You can find more details about the role and how to apply here.
May 2021: Spring Saturday Series – Zoom Workshops, presented by the Long Island Writing Project
Workshops are free for members of the Long Island Writing Project. Membership costs $25 for the year. To sign up to be a member, go to t.ly/PxKbt. Each individual workshop costs $15 for non members. Please see each workshop for registration and payment information.
- May 22, 2021: The Joys of Writing and Reading: A Celebration and a Marathon
- Who? Open to all educators (free for LIWP members, $15 for non-members)
- What? Let’s celebrate the books we love and take some time to write for ourselves. We ask you to bring your favorite book titles in all genres and your readiness to participate in a Writing Marathon. This workshop will be both an end of the year celebration and time to reflect on our experience as an educator during the Pandemic.
- Where? To register, go to https://forms.gle/kjjSbZT3eRJkyAhK6e
- When? Saturday, May 22nd, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm ET
June 7-June 18, 2021 and June 21-July 2, 2021: Young Writers Camps ONLINE 2021, presented by the Central Texas Writing Project
- Who? Open to all student writers ages 5-18 of any skill level and interest (age eligibility varies per camp). Camp teachers can welcome young writers from any location–in and out of Texas.
- What? Keep creating over the summer with the Central Texas Writing Project‘s annual Young Writers Camps that give all young writers, regardless of skill level, the opportunity to compose in a variety of styles, to become more confident in their own writing ability, and to learn to appreciate the abilities of others!
- Where? Check out the menu to read about all of the camps–online and face-to-face. All but two Young Writers Camps will be held online this year. Please check the titles to see how the camps will be delivered. Camps are two weeks long. Cost is $260 per child or $230 each for two or more siblings.
- When? All camps will be taking place between the weeks of June 7 – June 18 and June 21 – July 2. Check out the list of camps here and register today!
BIWEEKLY IN 2020: Intuit’s Art After Work
Digital event, hosted by Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art, Chicago, IL
- Who? Created and hosted by Intuit, open to all!
- What? Intuit’s drop-in hours are going digital! This is a free series of drop-in art making inspired by Intuit’s exhibitions and the outsider art genre. While the museum is closed, Art After Work will be taking place online biweekly. See more details here.
- Where? Zoom conference (aka join online from wherever you can!)
- When? Thursdays, biweekly, 2020 from 5:00 – 6:00 pm CST
- How? Learn more and access the Zoom conference here.
ANYTIME: Couriers of Hope exhibition, presented by Port City Creative Guild
A virtual art exhibition presented by Port City Creative Guild, Long Beach, CA
- Who? Open to all
- What? Check out Couriers of Hope, a hybrid in-person + virtual art exhibition that brings together ten local museums and galleries in Long Beach, CA with over 80 artists contributing over 160 pieces of mail art, and also engages hundreds of Long Beach students in an artwork trading program!
- Where? Visit the virtual gallery here
- When? Couriers of Hope was on display for in-person viewing from January 19 to February 28, 2021, but you can still check out the virtual gallery!
ANYTIME: NFL Women’s Empowerment Draft with Art Force 5
Watch the exclusive full draft with Alfred University’s Art Force 5, Alfred, NY
- Who? The NFL partnered with Alfred University’s Art Force 5 to celebrate iconic women with college students from across the country.
- What? Art Force 5 partnered with the NFL to celebrate iconic women through the lens of a familiar sports fandom, the NFL draft.
- Where? Watch the exclusive full draft on Art Force 5’s website.
- When? Recorded by the NFL Network, NFL360 and NFL Total Access are streaming the Women’s Empowerment Draft live on May 3 and May 4, respectively. Catch the recorded full version of the draft anytime on Art Force 5’s website.