Welcome to the new Awards year! The 2022 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards are open for entries. 2021, like 2020, may have been a year of continued challenges and navigation in an uncertain world, but it was also a year of growth, tenacity, and brilliant art. Region-at-Large held its first-ever virtual celebration for regional award winners, and the Awards held its second virtual National Ceremony; teens, parents, and educators came together to share inspiring resources and tools to cope with a pandemic that swept the world; and young writers completed an amazing run through this summer’s #TeensWriteAcrossAmerica Marathon.
We are so proud of all the artists and writers who bravely shared their work with the Awards last year and over the summer. All students who enter the Awards, regardless of whether or not they receive an award, achieve a remarkable accomplishment by completing their piece and choosing to share it with the world.
While we continue to work together for a return to “normalcy”, a new Awards year means a new opportunity to wield your artistic voice and make your mark. Calling all teens–we need your voices! If you are itching to start preparing your entry for the Scholastic Awards, read on for important updates and pro-tips.
What do I need to do to enter the 2022 Awards?
- Visit artandwriting.org on or after September 1 to log in or create your student or educator account.
- Be sure to check the latest updates for the 2022 Awards.
- Check your deadlines and regional submission information by logging into your account and visiting the My Regional Program links. All submissions entered through a remote program are due by 11:59 PM EST on December 6, 2021 (but you may not be in a remote program for both art and writing, so be sure to check your account!).
- Follow the instructions in your account to complete your submission.
- Do not mail us anything! We don’t want it, and we won’t look at it.*
*Educators paying for the submissions of multiple students may mail in a single check covering the cost of all entries. If possible, please plan to pay by PayPal or bank transfer rather than a check. Find more information on paying for multiple students’ entries as an educator here.
Are there any resources or advice on entering the Awards?
- Of course! Check out the links here and here for tips and tricks on how to get ready for the 2022 Awards.
- Are you a senior planning to submit a portfolio? Check out our Art and Writing Portfolio Panels for tips and advice from jurors, and this helpful guide on how to complete your Artist or Writer Statement and Personal Statement when entering your portfolio.
- Prepare for the entry: Watch our step-by-step instructional videos for students and educators so you know what to expect!
- Register for upcoming virtual events throughout the fall to help you prepare your latest and greatest work to enter in the Awards!
- Check out feedback from jurors to sharpen your finished product.
- Dive into more advice for art and writing submissions from jurors here!
- Planning on entering your work for a scholarship? Check out our website here to see what scholarship offerings are available this year, and these helpful videos for students and educators on how to apply for scholarships.
Can I share resources and news about the Awards?
Absolutely! Find us on social media and spread the word using the hashtag #scholasticawards.
Share the 2022 Scholastic Awards poster!
Get teens excited to enter the Awards with these inspiring videos! You can find more videos ready to share on the ScholasticGoldKey YouTube channel.